NHS Evidence provides:
- Comprehensive access to medicines resources – you can directly access the British National Formulary as well as resources collated by the National electronic Library for Medicines and the electronic Medicines Compendium.
- Access to NICE Pathways – you can see ‘at a glance’ what NICE has recommended on a specific condition or subject across all products including technology appraisals, clinical guidelines and implementation tools.
- Continued access to the world’s most respected evidence resources through the Health Databases Advanced Search (HDAS) – if you have an Athens account you can access paid-for reference databases including Medline and Embase.
- Quality assured patient resources – only patient information accredited under the Department of Health’s Information Standard is available through NHS Evidence so you can feel confident in recommending the service.
- High quality public health information – you can access information from key resources including the UK Faculty of Public Health and the Association for Public Health Observatories.
- Access to quality-assured guidance - NHS Evidence approves the processes of guidance producers under the NHS Evidence Accreditation Scheme. Using accredited guidance will help you deliver the highest standards of care.
- Access to the QIPP (Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention) collection - a central resource in helping you to meet the efficiency challenge. Resources include monthly reports on potential disinvestment topics and access to a growing database of over 100 evidence-based case studies showing how your colleagues are improving quality of care in the most efficient way possible.
NHS Evidence is committed to ensuring that its improved online portal provides value to users and the service will evolve in line with user feedback. Health and social care professionals are closely involved to design and enhance the functionality of the service so that it meets their needs.
To find out more view this movie