Regional Education Advisors
Regional Education Advisors (REA) are The College’s senior representatives promoting excellence in education for:
- Ophthalmologists at all stages in their careers and across all their roles
- Non-medical Ophthalmic Professionals
- Students, trainees and specialists from other specialties learning about Eye Care
They lead the College’s Regional Team responsible for facilitating and overseeing the cascade and delivery of education in the Region, and supporting the profession.
REAs serve for a term of 3 years (with the opportunity to stand for a second term).
A number of REAs have reached the end of their terms and the College is now accepting applications for the role in the following regions:
- Northern Ireland
- North East Thames
- South East Thames
- South West Thames
- Yorkshire and Humberside (North)
Further details can be found at: https://www.rcophth.ac.uk/about/college-roles/regional-advisors/
All consultants in these regions should have already received an email containing the job description, person specification, and application form. If you did not, please contact Gareth Brennan via [email protected] for further details.
The closing date for applications is Monday 9 November 2020.
You can read the full job and person desciption here
Appointment and term of office
Regional Education Advisors (REAs) are appointed by the Council to act on behalf of The College. One REA is appointed for each of the regions, for a term of 3 years, renewable once.
- Member of The College
- Substantive consultant for at least 1 year
- Independent: not holding a connected or potentially conflicting post:
- RCOphth Regional Representative
- Deanery appointment, eg: Training Programme Director, Head of School
You can download the application form here
Nominations will be sought through College communications.
Self-nominations are encouraged.
Applicants complete an application form and a summary CV and return it to [email protected].
The application form should be countersigned by:
- Chair of the School Board/Specialty Training Committee or Head of School – to confirm that the nomination has LETB/Deanery endorsement
- Clinical Lead – so that they are aware that the individual is taking on this role
Applications will be assessed by a panel at The College, including the Regional Representative.