As a member of The Royal College of Opthalmologists, you will receive the following benefits
- Receipt of the Eye Journal
- Receipt of College News, the quarterly membership magazine
- Use of post nominals, as appropriate, whilst a member in good standing.
- Receipt of an annual diary
- Registration for ePortfolio/CPD
- Eye Logbook
- Access to the members’ area of the website
- Access to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic News and (ONE) Network
- Access to ‘Lifestyle Rewards’ offering member discounts on luxury items
- Up to 12 months’ free membership for members on maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Access to fellowship, research and travel awards and prizes
- Eligibility to sit on the College’s Committees and Sub-committees and to represent the College on Training Committees, Advisory Appointments Committees and to become a College Tutor or Examiner
- Eligibility to stand for Council in appropriate elections and become a College Officer, Vice-President or President
- The College has groups representing the special interests of Ophthalmologists in Training and Staff and Associate Specialist doctors
- The College issues guidelines and protocols on a variety of topics and advice on such matters as the Hospital Eye Service and Job Plans, all of which are available to members
- Opportunities for involvement in the College seminar programme
- The subscription is a fully Tax-deductible professional expense
- Eligibility to vote in College elections including the election of the President
- Trainees can list the College as a registered training body when purchasing an NUS extra card, the #1 student discount card, and you can now apply for a mature student rail card online.
- Discounted venue hire at our head office in Stephenson Way
RCOphth / AAO O.N.E. Network
The O.N.E. Network helps you maintain skills, get targeted information and keep up to date with:
- A broad array of current ophthalmic information and education
- Tools for lifelong learning
- Latest research in peer-reviewed publications
- Precise clinical searches
- Self-assessment tools to test your knowledge
- A custom learning plan with automated reminders
- Review of the standards of care with the Academy’s library of practice guidelines.
The O.N.E. Network also contains full text access to five journals – Ophthalmology, American Journal of Ophthalmology, British Journal of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology Clinics of North America and Survey of Ophthalmology as well as the entire Wills Eye Manual.
For access to the O.N.E. Network, please contact Sara Davey or Beverley Russell via firstname.lastname@example.org to be issued with an access key.
On receipt of the access key to the O.N.E. Network, you will receive an e-mail from the Academy with your access instructions. If you have any problems please contact Sara or Beverley as they can re-issue access keys or re-send password notifications.
Need to claim ONE Network access key? Follow these instructions to access the ONE Network:
- Contact the College to be issued with a access key. You will be sent an email from email@example.com with the subject line of “AAO Access Instructions”
- Visit www.aao.org/accesskeys.
- Enter your access key that was emailed to you
- Click Submit.
- Log in with your AAO website username and password OR create an account if you do not have an account. If you do not remember your password, use Forgot your Password at https://secure.aao.org/aao/Login/ForgotPassword.
- Click on the O.N.E Network logo or product image or the word “Access” displayed below the product image.
Already claimed O.N.E Network access key? Follow these instructions to return to the ONE Network: