- Understand the optics of contact lenses.
- Know the basic principles of fitting hard and soft lenses.
- Know the indications for use of contact lenses, including refractive and therapeutic, and how different uses may affect the care and advice given to patients.
- Understand techniques and guidelines for safe use of contact lenses, including the use of topical medications in association with lenses.
- Recognise and manage complications of contact lenses, and discuss the implications of contact lens associated problems with patients.
- Insert and remove contact lenses in clinic and in the acute ophthalmic service.