A key part of patient safety is medicines safety and, although ophthalmology is a surgical specialty, many drugs are used to treat people, to examine them and in theatre. Safely managing medicines is crucial to delivering high quality ophthalmic care.
The College now advises members on drug supply issues and managing these.
- Generic Latanoprost Prescribing
- Review of the Ocular side effects of Topiramate
- Ocular side effects of Topiramate: Frequently asked questions
- Ophthalmic Special Order Products Aug 2016 The Royal College of Ophthalmologists and the UK Ophthalmic Pharmacy Group have updated the Ophthalmic Specials Guidance document to reflect changes to the products list. The guidance is primarily for healthcare professionals, but patients are also encouraged to ask their doctor, consultant or pharmacist about the medicines that they are prescribed, both licensed and unlicensed.
- Ocular Injectable Monograph project