- The Educational Supervisor Report (ESR) are incorporated within the e-Portfolio as an online tool. The system collates information (e.g. Timetables, Placements, Audits, etc,) for the ESR, which is inputted gradually by the trainee into the ‘My Details’ section as training progresses. This dispenses with the laborious need to enter all the year’s achievements into the Form A each 6 month.
- The ESR sign off, as well as Clinical Supervisor Reports (CSRs), are completed online, and will automatically show in the ARCP progress view.
- Assessments may be signed off in real time where the supervisor is available to use the ‘Dual Sign-Off’ feature.
- The system guides trainees as to which assessment needs to be completed for a particular learning outcome.
- A diary view on the front page shows trainees and supervisors when evidence has been created so that it is easier to avoid bunching of assessments.
- The ‘Sticky Notes’ feature enables trainees to make notes about tasks that they need to complete. These are free-text entry and are not reviewed at the ARCP meeting; they could include uploading a piece of evidence when the trainee gets home, sending a WpBA request, updating their logbook, or even arranging a team building event!
- The Learning Outcome Summary grid shows how the trainee is progressing through the curriculum. This will assist with identifying targeted learning, and ensure that the trainee’s skills outside of their direct clinical practice are also developed.
- The ‘Traffic-lights’ grid uses a progress bar to display the current progress clearly.
- All evidence is presented in the current ARCP period, with assessments done in advance of their deadline highlighting good achievement from trainees. All evidence should be attributed to the year in which it was gathered, which will enable active trainees to demonstrate that they are working ahead of the current requirements for their level, and will show development over the curriculum.
Log in here.
A comprehensive guide on how to use the functions of the e-Portfolio to update details, add assessments, approve assessments, monitor progress per stage and maintain ARCP records is available here. Useful flowcharts are available here, whereas tips are here. Please also consult the Portfolio FAQs page.