- The Educational Supervisor Report (ESR) is now incorporated into the portfolio system. In addition, the information (e.g. Timetables, Placements, Audits etc) will be input gradually into the Trainee’s “My Details” section as training progresses with the e-Portfolio system collating the information for the ESR. This will dispense with the need to laboriously enter all the year’s achievements into the Form A each 6 months .
- The Supervisor’s ESR sign off and the Clinical Supervisor Report (CSR) will now be completed online, and will automatically show in the ARCP progress view.
- Assessments are now able to be signed off in real-time with a supervisor using the “Dual Sign Off” feature. When a trainee is logged in, they can create a form, and sign it with the supervisor immediately by the supervisor simply inputting their login details at the same time.
- The portfolio will now guide you as to which assessment needs to be completed for a particular learning outcome.
- A new diary view on the front page will show trainees and supervisors when evidence has been created so that it is easier to avoid bunching of assessments.
- A new feature – “Sticky Notes” – has been added to enable trainees to make notes about tasks that they need to complete. These are free text entry and are not reviewed at the ARCP meeting so it could include uploading a piece of evidence when the trainee gets home, sending a WpBA request, updating their logbook, or even arranging a team building event!
- A brand new Learning Outcome Summary will show trainees and their supervisors how the trainee is progressing through the curriculum. This will assist with identifying targeted learning, and ensure that the trainee’s skills outside of their direct clinical practice are also developed.
- The “Traffic Lights” page has been updated to display the current progress more clearly, including a progress bar.
- All evidence will now be presented in the current ARCP period, with assessments done in advance of their deadline highlighting good achievement from trainees. All evidence should be attributed to the year in which it was gathered, which will enable active trainees to demonstrate that they are working ahead of the current requirements for their level, and will show development over the curriculum.
Log in the e-Portfolio here.
Common questions about the e-Portfolio may be addressed in the Trainees’ FAQs page.