- Understand the significance of previous refractive surgery on current ophthalmic treatments, particularly cataract surgery.
- Know the main benefits and limitations of various refractive techniques, including excimer laser, femtosecond laser, advanced surface ablation, LASIK, LASEK, SMILE, and refractive lens exchange.
- Be familiar with the main indications, limitations and contra-indications to such surgery.
- Be familiar with the types of bespoke IOLs that are available for cataract surgery and refractive lens exchange; multifocal, trifocal, extended focus and non-rotationally symmetric multifocal IOLs as well as their toric versions.
- Be familiar with common methods of treating presbyopia.
- Recognise and manage the complications of refractive surgery.