RNIB launch E-Learning resource for ophthalmologists about certifying visually impaired patients
30 June 2016
RNIB has developed an online E-Learning resource for ophthalmologists to highlight the importance of working proactively with eligible patients to certify them as sight impaired (partially sighted) or severely sight impaired (blind) using The Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI). The resource gives insight into the CVI process, the distinction between certification and registration, and the possible benefits to patients. It also explores the links between CVI and the Public Health Indicator and its relationship with commissioning clinical services.
The resource includes information about or reference to:
- The difference between certification and registration.
- The benefits of registration to the patient.
- Statistics / data and research.
- Videos and interactive areas.
- The Adult Sight Loss Pathway.
- The various stages of the pathway through certification and registration, and the barriers and delays that occur.
- The Public Health Outcomes Framework and Sight Loss Prevention Indicator.
- Links to guidance.
- Information about Children, Young People and families and recommendations about certification.
- The role of the ECLO in the certification and registration process.
To access the course, please click on the following link:
The first time you access this page you will be asked to complete the self registration process. You can do this by clicking on the “self registration” button at the top right of the page. Once you have completed the registration process you will receive a welcome email which will provide you with your user name and password details. The log in details can then be used to access the course.
Should you have any questions or difficulties in registering or accessing the course you can email RNIB Learning Choices Team at [email protected] or telephone 0141 337 2955.