Eye is the official scientific journal of The Royal College of Ophthalmologists and is published by Springer Nature. It provides international practising ophthalmologists with high quality, peer-reviewed articles of academic rigour.
Sharing innovation in ophthalmology
Whilst principally aimed at clinicians, Eye is also relevant to optometrists, orthoptists, other health care professionals and researchers in all aspects of the field of visual science worldwide.
RCOphth members benefit from full access to all articles. To access Eye online, please go to ‘My RCOphth’ (at the top of the page) and sign-in to your membership profile. Once signed-in, the ‘Eye Journal’ link can be found under the ‘Benefits’ tab. This will provide full access to Eye’s online content. Personal subscribers (non-RCOphth members) should log in directly via the Eye website.
Key benefits of submitting a manuscript to Eye
- No publication charges with our standard licence (charges apply for Open Access publication or 2+ colour images)
- Publication online and in print
- Expert Editors and editorial team
- Wide exposure and article visibility via nature.com
- Funder compliant open access options available
- Invited comments and reviews to help you stay on top of the research
- The scientific journal of The Royal College of Opthalmologists, the only UK professional membership body for medically qualified ophthalmologists
- Free advice from Springer Nature’s Research Data Services
- Share your article through SharedIt – Springer Nature’s content-sharing initiative allowing authors and subscribers to share links to view-only, full-text articles from this journal
Read Eye’s editorial policies and author guidelines, including full formatting information.