IMPORTANT: Please read first the Examinations Terms and Conditions carefully.
Please also note:
- Exams close for registration at 5 pm UK time on the closing date, and applications received after this time will not be accepted. Candidates are strongly encouraged not to leave an exam application until the closing date itself. No late applications will be accepted under any circumstances, and no exceptions will be made.
- Any changes to your details (email address, etc) have to be made not later than 4 weeks prior to the examination, and we cannot take responsibility if these changes are not communicated to us in time
- We do not confirm receipt of individual exam applications, and candidates will have their applications confirmed soon after the closing date.
- Please do not use multiple email addresses to complete the application form, as this will delay the approval process. If you have been asked for further documents, please email them to [email protected]
Candidates withdrawing before the closing date will be given a full refund.
Candidates withdrawing after the application closing date:
Duke Elder – No refunds are possible as the £50 admin fee is the same as the £50 exam fee paid.
Part 1 FRCOphth and Part 2 FRCOphth Written exams – You will only be entitled to a refund if you provide a medical letter. Please note that the refund will be minus a 20% admin charge and there will also be a £50 cancellation fee deducted which is levied by our online exam provider.
Refraction Certificate and Part 2 FRCOphth Oral exams – You will only be entitled to a refund if you provide a medical letter. Please note that the refund will be minus a 20% admin charge.
Please note that candidate exam confirmations are sent within 10 working days of the closing date to the email address that the candidate registered with. If a candidate has failed to receive their exam confirmation email after this period, then they must contact the exams department immediately. Refunds will not be given if a candidate fails to let the College know in good time that they did not receive their confirmation email.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS FOR THE PART 1 FRCOPHTH AND REFRACTION CERTIFICATE EXAMINATIONS:
- If you already have a candidate number with log-in details or have sat the exam previously, you must book your exam here. Please DO NOT use the online application forms below, as these forms are for first-time applicants only.
- If you have NOT sat any of our exams before and are sitting our Part 1 FRCOphth or Refraction Certificate exam for the very first time, you MUST use these relevant online application forms:
Please note that first time applicants must still submit their application BEFORE 5pm on the published closing date. They will then be sent a payment link and payment must be completed BEFORE 5pm the day after the published closing date.
All candidates must hold a medical qualification that is approved by the General Medical Council of the United Kingdom (GMC) or Ireland (IMC) before registering. This does not mean that you need to have a GMC or IMC number in order to be eligible to apply for the exams.