Age Related Macular degeneration (AMD) Services: Commissioning Guidance Consultation
4 February 2021
This consultation seeks views on the proposed Age Related Macular degeneration (AMD) Services: Commissioning Guidance. A guidance development group was set up to develop principles and minimum standards of care for AMD to decrease variations of care across AMD services in England and Wales. It also addresses the current and future capacity planning of AMD services.
The guidance follows the RCOphth guidance development process and is based on best available evidence obtained from systematic review of the literature (see appendix A) and is compliant with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Clinical Guideline on AMD NG82 dated 23-01-2018. NICE quality standard QS180 (standards 3 and 4) dated February 2019.
Key areas for feedback
We are consulting on draft guidance for use by commissioners, providers, social care and users of the AMD services, including their families and carers, ophthalmic clinical directors, clinical leads, service providers and commissioners to plan and deliver quality services, with sustainable pathways.
We would like your feedback on the draft guidance relating to:
- The comprehensiveness and applicability of the guidance, have any points/factors have been missed?
- The content and clarity of the guidance and its suitability to different environments
- The interpretation of the evidence available to support its recommendations
- The likely impact on patient groups affected by the guidance
- The likely impact / ability of the health service to implement the recommendations will individuals/departments will attempt to follow the guidance – if so why? And if not, why not?
Consultation documents and dates
You can provide your feedback by accessing the documents below:
- AMD Commissioning Guidance Consultation
- AMD Commissioning Guidance Exec Summary Consultation
- AMD Commissioning Guidance Consultation Form
Please return your feedback to [email protected]
4 February 2021 to 18 March 2021 17:00