Extra date for the OPT Training The Trainers programme
16 December 2020
The College is pleased to announce that an extra date has been added to the Spring 2021 OPT Training The Trainers programme and will be available to book shortly:
OPT TTT – Friday 23 April 2021 (online, full day)
These courses are suitable for Ophthalmologists, Orthoptists, Optometrists and Ophthalmic Nurses who are experienced in education and would like to implement the OPT programme in their unit or region.
After further training, delegates from this course will be expected to:
- Roll out OPT Training Programmes in their departments
- Contribute to leading the provision of OPT Training in their regions
- Attend further OPT TTT or RCOphth TTT Courses to develop as Facilitators and Faculty
- Cascade Supervisor TTT Training locally
- Support the delivery of Advanced TTT Programmes nationally
There is no charge for the course, but places are limited to 18 delegates.
Further information and the curriculum, learning resources and assessment forms can be found on HEE’s Common Clinical Competency Framework web page.
The RCOphth webinar “Getting Started in OPT” is also available to watch on our webinar recordings page.
Other training opportunities
Places are also still available on the Invitation Only Fast Track OPT TTT (for TPDs, HoS, and delegates who have attended previous OPT TTT full day course or all 3 days of RCOphth Supervisor TTT) – Monday 8 February 2021 (online, 9am-12.30pm).
Please contact [email protected] for further details.