The Academy of Royal Medical Colleges (AoMRC) has produced a short list of available resources and information. However, it is important for RCOphth members to know that:
- It is not possible or proper for the AoMRC or the RCOphth to advise individuals on financial decisions in relation to their pensions.
- All individuals should be encouraged to get professional financial advice that can address their individual position.
- Everyone’s circumstances will be different.
- The AoMRC will continue to lobby on solutions to the pension taxation arrangements to solve the problem properly
- RCOphth members should explore the flexibilities available as there is unlikely to be any resolution in the short term
Download the AoMRC Pensions tax flexibilities resources.
Members: if you are finding that the pension issue is affecting your unit’s ability to deliver services, please get in touch with [email protected].