This forum is a way for ophthalmology unit clinical leads to liaise and discuss service delivery issues, successes, challenges and opportunities. It is one of the key engagement mechanism between the RCOphth and those responsible for the delivery of services in the UK and acts as a two-way communication and learning resources.
More about the role
As Chair, you will provide leadership of the Clinical Leads Forum supporting ophthalmic clinical leads in their roles. This includes:
- Active contribution to new or posted topics on the clinical leads forum online discussion group.
- Organising the Clinical Leads Forum meeting at least annually.
- Supporting development of educational and guidance resources for clinical leads where these have been identified as needed.
- Providing mutual support, communication and advice for clinical leads, mainly via the online clinical leads forum discussion group.
- Supporting clinical leadership seminars and sessions at the RCOphth Annual Congress.
- Providing advice and responses to queries for the RCOphth, College officers andnchairs and externally on issues of clinical leadership in ophthalmology as required.
- Reviewing documents and guidance for the College which require a clinical leadership perspective.
- Supporting the NOD so that ophthalmologists and provider organisation have the ability to benchmark themselves and improve the safety of services.
Deadline for applications: 30 September
Applications should be submitted to [email protected]
Lead our work
RCOphth is a membership organisation and relies on member participation. Find out more about other roles that we are actively recruiting for and help to shape our membership services and clinical leadership activities in the ophthalmic sector.