General Election 2019: How to influence your prospective parliamentary candidate
3 December 2019
As part of our general election campaigning, RCOphth has launched a short guide for members on influencing your prospective parliamentary candidates (PPCs).
The guide calls for our members to build on the impact made by our General Election 2019 Manifesto, in which we called for the next government to:
- Address fundamental problems with the workforce
- Adopt a more innovative approach to allocating clinic space
- Support ophthalmologists in leading multidisciplinary workforce teams
- Adopt a joined up approach to IT and big data
The guide contains the following details for members:
- How to obtain PPCs contact details
- How to craft effective correspondence
- What issues you can raise
- What commitments you can ask for to ensure ophthalmologists are heard
It’s vital that individual members use their experiences and expertise to help shape change and if possible, encourage their patients to share theirs for maximum impact.
You can find the RCOphth Prospective Parliamentary Candidate Guide here
If you have any questions about the guide or its content, please contact: [email protected]