The College is a professional body that supports its members throughout their careers. We offer a variety of benefits to support your professional life including learning programs, professional guidelines and resources. Belonging to the College strengthens its ability to act on behalf of all Ophthalmologists.
As a qualified member of the College, you are entitled to use internationally recognised postnominals. This demonstrates your professionalism.
- Publications exclusive to members, including Eye
- Access to Eye logbook, the e-portfolio and workplace-based assessments
- CPD resources
- Access at no extra cost to the American Academy of Ophthalmology ONE Network.
Opportunities to help shape the future of ophthalmology
- Standing for College officer and Honorary officer positions which include membership of the Trustee Board and Council and to vote in all College elections (Fellows only)
- Joining one of the College’s speciality committees
- Standing as a Regional Representative of Council
- Acting as an examiner for the College
- Involvement in writing standards and guidelines
- Becoming a College representative on an advisory appointments committee
- Becoming a College representative on outside bodies or organisations.
Discounts and services
Members pay a reduced fee to attend RCOphth’s Annual Congress which includes a full scientific and social programme.
- Members pay reduced fees for seminars
- TOTUM – TOTUM PRO, is a bespoke discount card catering specifically to professional learners and all members of professional organisations. Members will be able to benefit from a whole host of exclusive discounts.
- Lifestyle Rewards – The RCOphth has partnered with Lifestyle Rewards Limited to provide a wide range of top branded luxury products, services and experiences at preferential rates for our members.
- Up to 12 months’ free membership for members on parental leave
- Tax relief on annual subscriptions (UK taxpayers only).
Discounted rates to use the meeting facilities are available and we are conveniently located at 18 Stephenson Way in Central London, a short walk from a variety of underground and national rail stations.
The bespoke meeting and seminar spaces for hire at The Royal College of Ophthalmologists include a highly specialised skills training centre, a lecture theatre and boardroom spaces.
Scholarships, awards and prizes
Each year, the RCOphth offers a generous number of scholarships, travel awards and clinical/research fellowships in partnership with other organisations. These cover a wide variety of areas, from specialist research, to help with funding electives for undergraduates. In addition, we support members applying for national clinical excellence awards (CEA).