Curriculum 2024 launches at the start of the 2024/25 training year alongside a new training ePortfolio. It will support doctors’ training and equip them with the knowledge, skills and practice approach to ensure they can give patients the highest quality ophthalmology care.
It’s for you if you’re a doctor in training from ST1 to ST5. You will move onto the new curriculum when it starts. If you’re an ST7 due to complete your training before the end of September 2025, you’ll stay on the current curriculum. And if you’re at ST6 you can decide with your educational supervisor and training programme director which curriculum works best for you.
Communication and resources
Bookmark this page so you keep updated as we develop Curriculum 2024. Look out for newsletters and key updates including
- Newsletters for the educational community
- Implementation Notes regarding actions and formal guidance
- regularly updated Frequently Asked Questions
- links to webinars and other resources
- podcast about Curriculum 2024 made by Dr Sunil Mamtora
- a video explaining the structure of Curriculum 2024
- June 2024 : Different arrangements for ARCP
- August 2023 – August 2024: ePortfolio Pilot
- August 2024 : Curriculum 2024 begins